Issue No. 89
Back to the main page for Disarmament
- In the News
- The United Nations and security in a
- UK Debates on Nuclear Disarmament,
- A world without nuclear
weapons, UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband,
www.guardian.co.uk, 8 December 2008.
- Lifting the Nuclear Shadow:
Creating the conditions for abolishing nuclear weapons, Foreign
& Commonwealth Office, 4 February 2009.
- Preventing a New Age of Nuclear
Insecurity, The Rt Hon William Hague MP, 23 July 2008.
- Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Foreign
Affairs and Defence debate, House of Commons, 10 December
- Security and Liberty in a
Globalised World, Liberal Democrat Policy Paper, September
- Shared Destinies, IPPR
Commission on National Security Interim Report, 27 November 2008,
- UK does not need a Nuclear
Deterrent, Letter from Field Marshal Lord Bramall, General Lord
Ramsbotham and General Sir Hugh Beach to the Times, 16
- President Sarkozy calls for Disarmament
- Toward a nuclear-free world: a German
- Contrasting US Perspectives,
- A New Beginning for Nuclear
Diplomacy? Remarks of Senator Barack Obama, Chicago, 2 October
- Nuclear Deterrence, Defense
Secretary Robert M. Gates, Speech at Carnegie Endowment for
International Peace (Washington, D.C.), 28 October 2008,
- Let's Commit to a Nuclear-Free
World, Senator Dianne Feinstein, 3 January 2009
Executive Director and Editor: Rebecca Johnson
Deputy Director and Website Manager: Nicola Butler
Senior Associate: Carol Naughton
Assistant Editor: Henrietta Wilson
Cover design: Calverts Press
Cover photo, © REJ 2008, Partnership for disarmament, NGOs
and governments in the CD Chamber.
Disarmament Diplomacy publishes reports and articles to
stimulate debate on topical disarmament, security and arms control
issues. The accuracy of information and views expressed are the
sole responsibility of the author(s). No article or news analysis
in Disarmament Diplomacy or on the Acronym website should be
construed as representing the Acronym Institute for Disarmament
Diplomacy or its Board or Funders.
Back to the top of page
© 2009 The Acronym Institute.